Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chad Ochocinco The People's Champ


People claim football is a man’s sport. I like to think it’s a kid’s sport that men play. Which leads me this weeks “People’s Champ” Chad Ochocinco. If you are not on Twitter and don’t follow Chad I recommend you get on that. Chad makes it all worthwhile. I was never a huge Chad Ochocinco fan as I thought he was very arrogant, cocky and selfish. After locating Chad on Twitter I figured I would follow him and see what he was all about. I was completely wrong with judging Chad and I will be the first to admit it. Chad is really just trying to have fun out there. He works to give the fans what they want and that is entertainment. Yes, Chad has gone a little far like bribing the ref’s, but the golf putt or the gold jacket was all in good taste. He continues to come up with creative ways to celebrate and never show’s disrespect to the opposing team. This is the Chad we see on the field, what I was most surprised about is Chad off the field. Chad likes to communicate with his fans and tries to give them insight to his life. Over the year that I have followed Chad he has taken fans (hometown and on the road) out to dinner and movies. At one point last year Chad took select fans on a bus tour with him up and down the east coast. You just don’t hear about this type of connect between fans and athletes anymore. Chad has truly helped bridge the gap that had widened over the years. To all the people out there who like to bury Chad, I send you a big “Child Please”.

No comments:

Post a Comment