Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chris Johnson owners please send all thank-you cards to ESPN..

There is a little tidbit over on PFT regarding ESPN asking the coaches of the Titans and Jags to use their time outs. What??? The airing network asking a team to use timeouts?  Apparently ESPN did not meet their network obligations for TV times outs and needed some help from the teams. So of course Jack Del Rio was happy to listen to ESPN and on a 4th down with under two minutes left C.J breaks off a 35 yarder to the house. My question is how is this allowed during a game? How can the league allow a network to influence the game? In my opinion this is similar to fixing a game.Of course this will be swept under the carpet because ESPN has the market cornered and it will not be reported on their own network.I believe that TV timeout ruin the flow of a game and should be eliminated completely. If you would like to read the full story you can check it out here.

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame but it's all about the money. It's why there are even games put on TV. It generates enormous amounts of money. I agree that it shouldn't be allowed but I can't tell you that I'm that surprised. Also, ESPN is notorious for not commenting on stories about themselves or athletes they market. Look at the Lebron Decision 2010 diaster. I'm with you, get rid of TV timeouts, where's the petition, I'll sign it.

    ReplyDelete