Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm a Goon ...

Ok not really, but I do enjoy fights in hockey. The NHL commissioner has been talking about making hockey safer for the players, but I enjoy hard clean hard hits and random fights. I know that is the goon in me, but I find it exciting and fun to watch two guys throw the gloves off and go at it especially if the goalies decide to get involved. Hockey fights are part of the game and can never be taken fully taking out. Now I am not saying going all “Slap Shot” and start fights on purpose, but I miss the days off seeing more enforcers on the ice. You Tube search PJ.Stock and you will know what I mean. I would go to Hartford Wolfpack games just to watch him play and he would be involved in some classic battles. Hockey is a demanding sport that is played at high pace, let’s guys play and keep the checks along with fights part of the game. As long as nobody is head hunting…Once the puck hits the ice  Game ON !!

No comments:

Post a Comment