Thursday, June 9, 2011

Top 5 Sports Personalities I follow on Twitter

I don't follow a lot of people on Twitter around 200 and in the past I have touched on Athletes using Twitter and Chad Ocho Cinco . Here I am going to give you the top 5 people I follow on Twitter, this includes people I believe are the most informative,do not constantly promote products and usually respond to tweets. A lot of athletes and sports personalities either disappear or delete their accounts when the going gets tough as Terrelle Pryor has been pretty quiet lately.Some just post from time to time.  These 5 are constantly posting and offer good insight...

5 - Chad Ocho Cinco - You know he had to make the list but surprisingly Chad is the only athlete that made my top 5. Chad can relate to his followers and does not disappear down the stretch. He has discussed his contract with the Bengals, Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer on Twitter to his followers. It is probably not the best approach but you have to respect him for it.

4 - Adam Schefter -  Schefter is one of many ESPN personalities you can find on Twitter. He is also one of the most accurate. I found that a lot of times that reporters are so quick to try and break a story they post any piece of info they get and a lot of it never happens or is flat out wrong. Adam takes his time with his stories to make sure they are accurate, he also takes a lot of time to re-tweet for charities and good causes.

3 - Darren Rovell - Darren is a sports business reporter and always comes up with some amazing stats and numbers for all sports, but he is also funny with his comments on the days big stories not just sports.

2 - Jason Whitlock - Jason writes some of the best material out there. He constantly goes against the grain and not afraid to call out big names. He was one the first people to jump on SI for claiming to break the Ohio State news and take credit for Tressel losing his job. I don't always agree with his columns but I respect them and they make you think, that is the sign of a good writer.

1 - Jay Glazer - Jay is in a class of his own with NFL inside info and breaking NFL news. I can't recall a time when he missed on any report, though I am sure he has it is very rare. He does not report fluff and only reports real news. Some writers are stretching the NFL lockout info every day and Jay only writes about it if there is something of real substance. Be warned that Jay does pimp "Perfect Punch" and "Subway" from time to time but he does not shove it down your throat and from what I read "Perfect Punch" is a great product. Jay has one of best relationships with NFL personnel and it allows him to info others are late or never get to break, for this Jay Glazer is at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment