Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh Stop It Ray, Ray

I know I am weeks behind on this one, but is anyone else tired of Ray Lewis? Every time the camera is on this guy he cries. My issue isn't so much the crying, but the way he dodges question's about his past by crying and thanking god.

I swear that is the go to move for athlete's trying to shake their past or their get out of jail free card. When Lewis was pressed about his past he said it's the devils work. Then when asked again he said nobody was qualified to ask him about his murder case. I wish one of the victims family members were there to ask him since they are more than qualified. While I know this wouldn't be possible, it would force him to answer questions.

I was a Ray Lewis fan before the playoffs and now I can't stand the guy. Everything he does and says seems to be fake and a show. From the begining I believed this would be a distraction from the team because everything was about Lewis. Now looking back on it, he protected them with everything being about him it almost appeared the team was extremely loose.

It will be interesting to see how he makes the transition from field to booth. He will offer some great insight to the game, but I don't believe he will be able to keep his emotions in check and will make for some great banter among other analyst.  I am excited the playoffs are over so I don't have to see the water works anymore, but it was short lived once I realized he will be on my TV every Sunday when the season rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment